|File size||2.6 MB|
A new revision of a classic Indian cookbook, completely updated for contemporary tastes.
For nearly 20 years, The Curry Secret has been the classic Indian cookbook. Superb word of mouth made it a best seller. With the recent surge of interest in Indian food, Kris Dhillon has revised her book to address the new and sophisticated dishes served in Indian restaurants worldwide.
The New Curry Secret -- with 100 new recipes and full-color photographs throughout -- includes a wider choice of dishes and brand-new recipes for even more mouthwatering curries. Dhillon reveals the secrets of creating authentic Indian flavors in the home, including the special spice blends and closely held tricks used by Indian chefs.
Everything a modern curry cook needs is here, including:
- Dhillon's new curry sauce
- Buying and incorporating fresh ingredients
- Commonly used Indian ingredients with English translations
- Lists of essential herbs and spices and other key ingredients
- Useful utensils, shortcuts, tricks of the trade
- Entrées and light lunches
- Vegetarian and non-vegetarian appetizers
- Tandoori cooking
- Chicken, lamb, pork, beef and seafood dishes
- Balti dishes, Karahi and other traditional dishes
- Rice dishes, biryanis and breads
- Accompaniments such as chutneys, pickles and raitas
- Desserts and candies.
The New Curry Secret will satisfy Dhillon's legion of fans.